Admission of foreign citizens to the Semey Medical University with English language of instruction is carried out on applications on a competitive basis, on the results of the interview and entrance exams, and a tuition fee. The interview is conducted by the visiting admission committee of the university.
Applications are accepted from 16 August to 25 of the current academic year.
To provide visa support to foreign applicants, you need to send by this e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) to the University a copy of the passport including home address, place of birth, region of residence, place of obtaining the visa.
The visa is issued by the foreign missions of the Republic of Kazakhstan and by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan on the basis of the admission letter of the University (minor recipient of a visa must have a notarized written consent of the legal representatives, Kazakh or Russian translation is required).
A foreign applicant admitted to the University must submit his or her documents to the Admissions Office of the University before August 25 of the current academic year:
• Curriculum Vitae/Resume in Russian / English;
• application form for admission to the University;
• original and notarized certified copy of the identity document with a photo (passport); officially certified translation into Kazakh and/or Russian is required).
• state document (original) on secondary school education, primary or secondary vocational education, or high professional education, or a foreign state document on education, recognized as an equivalent in the RK of a document on secondary school education, primary or secondary vocational education, or high professional education with officially certified translation into Kazakh and/or Russian is required).
• a proof of English language proficiency with an intermediate level as minimum;
• 6 photos in the size 3x4;
• medical certificate form 086-U (the student will take a medical examination after arrival at the University) + the fluorography conclusion;
• vaccination passport with registration of the 1st revaccination against viral hepatitis B before the trip;
• a medical certificate confirming the absence of HIV infection and other communicable diseases, and the possibility of learning and living in a climate of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
Documents submitted in a foreign language must have a notarized translation into the state (Kazakh) or Russian language. Certification of translation into the Kazakh or Russian language is carried out by a notary in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan or by the diplomatic service of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the country in which the document is issued. To confirm the compliance of the document on the secondary (complete) school education issued by a foreign educational organization to the current legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan requires consular legalization (or a special "apostille" stamp).
The visiting entrance examination is conducted by a team of examinators in English by means of multiple choice questions in biology and chemistry in the framework of the secondary school program and with the inclusion of tasks to determine the level of English proficiency. The oral interview also contains questions aimed at revealing the ability to learn, creative activity and critical thinking, personal qualities of the applicant.
The Admissions Board of the University makes a decision based on the results of the entrance examination and the interview within a week after the exam.
Matriculation of foreign applicants, who successfully passed the entrance examination and interview, entering the specialties with education in English and accepted in accordance with direct agreement (contracts) on a fee basis, passes from 16 to 25 August of the current academic year.
An order of acceptance of the foreign applicants who successfully passed the entrance examination and interview is issued after entering into a contract on their study at the University and submitted a full tuition fee prepayment for the 1st year of their study. The amount of the fee tuition will be notified to accepted students with the letter of acceptance. Once accepted, the freshmen must submit all necessary forms to SMU Admissions Office by the deadlines. Recognition (nostrification) of educational documents be done until the end of the first semester.
The tuition fee for 2018-2019 academic year for students of a foreign department under the bachelor's program will be 1.650.000 KZT.