RECTOR OF SMU
YERSIN T. ZHUNUSSOV
Reception hours: weekly Tuesday and Thursday from 16.00 to 18.00
Yersin T. Zhunussov was born in 1974. He is Board certified in “Public health/social hygiene and health management” and “traumatology and orthopedics”. Yersin T. Zhunussov graduated with honors from Semipalatinsk state medical academy in 1997. He also has higher economic education (graduated from Kazakh humanitarian-juridical innovative university in 2013). He repeatedly completed trainings and probations (2010, 2012, 2011, 2014) at Saint-Louis University (USA. Missouri) in the program “Health management general director selected as a honorable member”.
1997 – 2000 – Postgraduate student at the department of traumatology, orthopedics and BFS, Semipalatinsk State Medical Academy;
2000 – 2001 – Military service in Kazakhstan;
2002 – 2003 – Assistant, deputy head of the department of traumatology, orthopedics and BFS, Kazakh State Medical Academy;
2003 – 2006 – Vice-dean of the medical faculty at Kazakh State Medical Academy;
2006 – 2009 – Head of traumatology and orthopedics department at Traumatology and orthopedics research institute;
October 2009 – January 2010 – Head of polytrauma department, JSC “Republican scientific center of emergency care”;
February – July 2010 – Head of surgery department, JSC “Republican scientific center of emergency care”;
July 2010 – February 2014 – Head of orthopedic surgery and coagulopathy department, JSC “Republican scientific center of emergency care”;
February 2014 – May 2014 – Director of innovations and science, JSC “Republican scientific center of emergency care”;
June 2014 – Deputy Head physician for innovation activity, MUS on EM “Municipal hospital #1” of Astana Akimat;
April 2016 – October 2016 – Vice-rector for strategic partnership and international cooperation in Semey State Medical University;
October 2016 – May 2017 - Deputy Head physician for innovation activity, MUS on EM “Municipal hospital #1” of Astana Akimat;
May 2017 till August 2017 – Vice-rector for strategic planning and international cooperation, Semey State Medical University.
July 1, 2017 till August 2017 - Acting Rector of Semey State Medical University.
August 2017 till present - rector of Semey State Medical University
Ye.T. Zhunussov has introduced over 80 innovative technologies for organization of the modern concepts in hospital management, education, diagnostics and treatment. He has also organized mentorship and master-classes with the leading foreign scientists and health professionals.
In many clinics and hospitals, for the first time, he has introduced and organized modern concepts and technologies of treatment, specifically:
- For the first time in CIS countries and Kazakhstan, Ye.T. Zhunussov has introduced modern concepts “Damage control” for tertiary health care for patients with serious injuries (including patients injured in traffic-road and work-related incidents);
- For the first time in Kazakhstan, he has introduced close minimally invasive technology for treatment of fracture of the pelvis, spine, long bones, juxta-articular and intra-articular fractures, as well as arthroscopy of the pelvis and ankle joints;
- For the first time in the Central Asia and Kazakhstan, tertiary health care on large joint replacement for patients with hemophilia was organized;
- For the first time in the Central Asia and Kazakhstan, he has orchestrated specialized department “Osteooncology”. This department has been orchestrated for treatment of malignant and benign tumors of supporting-motor system;
- Due to the international ties of Ye.T. Zhunussov with foreign colleagues, he is one of the first in Kazakhstan who organized trainings (probations) for the doctors and mid-level health professionals in large University clinics in USA, South Korea, Turkey and PRC;
- He is the first in Kazakhstan who introduced English language in daily practical work of the health professionals (morning staff meetings, discussions, etc.) and educational technology of residents and students;
- Constant exchange of experience and research insights allows him to make reports at the international level;
- In order to transfer experience and technologies, Ye.T. Zhunussov annually gives visiting master classes and carries out demonstrative surgeries in all regions of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
He is an author of 22 provisional patents of invention, 1 innovative patent of RK, 8 guidelines, and 162 scientific articles. His leading articles are published in Japan, USA, Poland, China, Russia and Ukraine.
1 doctoral and 2 candidate theses have been prepared for defense under auspices of Ye.T. Zhunussov. He is a contractor of 2 scientific and technical programs within the grant of MES and MH RK.
For the long and dedicated work Ye.T. Zhunussov was awarded thank-you letter from the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan N.A. Nazarbayev, thank-you letter from “Nur Otan” party, lapel badge “For the contribution to the development of Healthcare of Kazakhstan”, lapel badge “Excellent Worker of Public Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan”, Certificate of Merit “The Best Medical Researcher” by the National Medical Holding, “Patriot of the year” for the cycle of work “Innovative diagnostics and treatment technology in orthopedics and traumatology” (2013).
He is proficient in Kazakh, Russian and English.
Provost (First vice-rector)
1966-1970 Hacettepe University, Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, TURKEY
1970-1973 Hacettepe University, Faculty of Medicine Public Health Department, Ankara, TURKEY
1973-1978 Hacettepe University, Faculty of Medicine Internal Medicine Department, Ankara, TURKEY
1980-1981 Johns Hopkins School of Public Health, Maryland, USA
FIELD OF EXPERTISE:
- Epidemiology of Chronical Diseases
- Occupational Health
1979- 1989 Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine Department of Public Health, Ankara, TURKEY
1979-1980 Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, Etimesgut Study and Research Group Director, Ankara, TURKEY
1983-1987 Etimesgut Study and Research Hospital, Head Physician, Ankara, TURKEY
1989- 1996 Ondokuzmayıs University, Faculty of Medicine Department of Public Health, Head of Public Health Department, Samsun, TURKEY
1995-1996 Ondokuzmayıs University, Director of Health Sciences Institute, Samsun, TURKEY
1996- Still Başkent University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Public Health, Ankara, TURKEY
1996-2006 Başkent University, Ankara Study and Research Hospital, Head Physician, Ankara, TURKEY
1996-2006 Başkent University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Public Health, Head of Public Health Department, Ankara, TURKEY
2006 - Still Başkent University, Faculty of Medicine, Director of Health Sciences Institute, Ankara, Turkey
Başkent University, Faculty of Medicine, Head of Family Physician Department, Ankara, Turkey
RESEARCHES AND PUBLICATIONS
Number of Articles in International Journals: 34
Number of Articles in National Journals: 41
Vice-Rector for Academic and Methodical work
MARAT A. ZHANASPAYEV
Marat Amangazievich graduated with honors from the Semipalatinsk State Medical Institute in 1992, the Faculty of General Medicine. Doctor of Medical Sciences, doctor of the highest category in the specialty "Traumatology-Orthopedics", "Excellence in Health Care of the Republic of Kazakhstan". Total experience: 19 years.
The main international internship "Leadership development program" Duke University. USA. Durham, North Carolina.-2017.
1. Specializations and internships in the field of education ":
- theme: “Medical education” - Tel Aviv University, Israel. 2007;
- theme: "Methods of evaluation in education" - 36 hours. The visiting cycle of teachers of the University of Oklahoma at the Astana Medical University. 2010;
- theme: “Innovations in medical education”. The visiting cycle of the head of the department of medical education at the National University of Singapore, DD. Samarasekera on the basis of Semey State Medical University. - 36 hours, 2010
- 1992-1994 Clinical Residency at the Department of Traumatology, Orthopedics and VPC, Semipalatinsk State Medical Academy;
- 1994-2004 Assistant professor of the Department of Traumatology, Orthopedics and VPC, Semipalatinsk State Medical Academy;
- 2004-2008, head of the center for continuous medical education of Semey State Medical University;
Until September 2018, he was Head of the Department of Traumatology and Orthopedics at Semey State Medical University;
Internships and specializations:
- South Korea (2012) "Training program at the department of traumatology and ortopaedics Gang Neung Asan Hospital";
- Saint-Petersburg, Russia (2012) “Hip arthroplasty”;
- USA (2016) “Orthopedic surgery training program”.
Author of 15 prepatents for invention, 1 Eurasian patent, 144 scientific articles. He speaks Kazakh, Russian and English.
Vice-Rector for Strategic Partnership and International Cooperation
Nurzhan Aidossov was born in 1984 in the city of Taraz.
In 2004 graduated “Jambyl Kazakh-Turkish College of Economics” in “Management”.
2004-2006 studied in Al-Farabi Kazakh National University in “Department international relations” majoring “International law”.
In 2009 received Bachelor of Arts in “Public policy and economics” upon “Dean’s list of distinguished students” in “State University of New York, University at Albany” in Albany, New York, USA
In 2010 graduated “Rockefeller College of Public Affairs and Policy” with the degree of “Master of public administration” in USA.
In 2009 assistant professor for “public policy” course in “Rockefeller College of Public Affairs and Policy” in USA
2008-2009 interned in New York State Assembly.
2009-2010 assistant of assemblyman of New York State Assembly.
2010-2017 senior lecturer, coordinator, acting head of “Department of international relations” in Suleyman Demirel University.
2010-2012 counsultant of general director of “SEMA hospital” in Almaty.
2012-2014 senior lecturer in Department of “Economics and business” in International University of Information Technologies.
2014-2017 senior lecturer in Department of “Economics and services” in Almaty Management University.
Since September 2017 vice-rector for strategic planning and international cooperation, Semey State Medical University.
2006-2011 winner of “International scholarship of President of Republic of Kazakhstan-Bolashak” in USA.
In 2017 winner in twice of “Bolashak” scholarship for Split PhD program in United Kingdom.
In 2017 passed advanced training in “Health management” within the program of “Management in education” at Kazakh Medical University.
In 2017 completed short-term training courses in "Fundamentals of theory and methodology of pedagogical measurements" at "National Testing Center".
Not only participated with reports in international scientific and practical conferences, seminars and round tables, but also actively organized the conferences, seminars and symposiums:
International scientific and practical conference «Building Cultural Bridges»; International scientific and practical conference for pupils "INFOMATRIX" together with the Republican scientific and practical center "Daryn"; International scientific - practical conference "Innovations in Education and Science"; Interuniversity student scientific conference «Перспективы развития науки в Казахстане глазами молодых»; International round table «Актуальные проблемы системы образования РК и пути их решений», dedicated to the 70th anniversary of Professor SDU Aitimbet IA; The Week of History «Қазақ хандығының құрылғанына 550 жыл»; Scientific round table «Қазақ хандығының 550 жылдығы»; Scientific seminar «Проблемы повышения правового сознания и правовой культуры студентов»; Scientific-theoretical seminar on the Day of the 1st President of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the 20th anniversary of the Constitution of the Republic of Kazakhstan on the theme: «Конституция Республики Казахстан в условиях кризиса»; Master class of the Italian professor Nicola Pontarolo: «Publishingin Top Academic Journals: Suggestions and Tips» - Italy, University of Verona; Scientific seminar of the professor, Dr. Nenad Mladenovi (UK, University of Montreal): "Optimization problems of operations research".