If the chef came out of the morning in a bad mood, he called you to his office, and you just remember that before Nauryz they did not give him a report, then you, of course, are anxious.
But if the chef did not come at all, he didn’t call you, reports were handed over, the children are healthy, the husband is at work, the iron is turned off (you checked it five times and took it with you), but you are still eating something, you have to work with it!
Anxiety - an individual psychological feature, manifested in the inclination of a person to often experience strong anxiety on relatively minor occasions. It is considered either as a personal education, or a feature of temperament associated with the weakness of the nervous processes, or both at the same time.
Health problems. Often it is the state of unmotivated (unaccountable) anxiety that the body signals about failures in its work. And other symptoms of the disease may not be for quite some time. Ailments that "sound the alarm" in the most literal sense, a lot. And they can be quite formidable. But more often, changes in the work of the thyroid gland, metabolic disturbances, and the lack of vitamins and microelements (for example, magnesium and vitamin D) make us worry.
There are a number of situations that can provoke anxiety, regardless of which psycho type a person belongs to: a situation of uncertainty in any of the spheres of life (fired, not fired, married, not married), periods of serious changes (will I cope with a new position , whether I will take root in the new country), loss of control over the situation, moments when the requirements exceed the possibilities.
For everyone - their own type of "disturbing situations": some of us do not tolerate separation and separation, others are afraid of failure, and others begin to worry when they lose control of the situation. This situation is quite normal, because each person has his own weak points.
What to do?
• Learn to seek help. It is not necessary to psychologists. It is possible for people who have already encountered similar situations or for whom this type of irritant is not dangerous. They can provide support and give confidence.
• Accept your alarm. State: yes, I'm afraid, and that's fine. If you begin to criticize yourself for anxiety, to demand strength and determination from yourself, then anxiety will only increase.
• Express your anxiety. This can be done in any way acceptable to you: loudly tell others, write on paper ... And you should write everything that comes into your head, without criticism and assessments. Putting it all on the shelves, you will be able to comprehend what is really dangerous and what is just scary.
• Play a sport. It has long been known that the release of adrenaline is needed to stimulate physical activity. Just work out your “dose” of anxiety.
• Try different solutions to a problem, do not be afraid to look at the situation from different angles and points of view, any active position in overcoming difficulties is better than passive inaction: it translates your anxiety into a constructive one.
• Another option is to find a support group. These can be people facing a similar problem. In the support group, you can tell everything that worries you, avoid criticism and negativity, learn something from other people's experience. In the case of personal anxiety, you need to help a person to experience that situation as much as possible - cry tears, express anger. It is necessary to work through the situation to the end, to go through all the stages of its experience. This is the only way to leave it in the past. And do not live in the present day after day.
Psychologist-sociologist Asylbekova A.M.
Published on: 2019-04-11, 06:42 PM